Khelaun Khelaun 'Let's Play'
location: Nepal - lamjung and Lalitpur
- Nepal was heavily affected by two devastating earthquakes in 2015
- Nepalese youth show minimal participation sport due to lack of facilities, knowledge barriers towards sport, lack of equipment and lack of structure
- Pilot research study showed that there is a lack of female participation in sports
The programme is providing access to sport for 5,993 children from 37 schools, over half of the children are girls.
The project is split into 7 components;
- Training 40 local people to be coaches
- Access to official coaching qualifications from FIVB and BWF
- Badminton and volleyball sessions for a minimum 3 year period
- Provision of sporting equipment and outdoor gym equipment
- Development of sporting/play facilities, and improving learning facilities
- Participation in the Play for Change league
- Life skills classes addressing social issues such as gender sensitization classes